Voluntary Return and Repatriation Program (VOLREP) Program Assistant – Kismayo, Somalia
- Job category: Programme Affairs
- Post date:13 Oct 2021
- Share job:
Position Title: Volrep Program assistant
|Duty Station: Kismayo|
|Position Category: Full-time|
The Voluntary Return and Repatriation Program (VOLREP), is to support Somali refugees willing to return from Kenya to Somalia, through ensuring their means of livelihood, productive assets as well as safe and dignity return to Country of Origin. All over the country – Somalia, there are 3 Way Stations in Luuq managed by DRC, in Baidoa managed by SWSS and in Kimayu, Dhobley and Afmadow way stations managed by Mercy Corps. Each of the 3 Centers has a capacity to host 1000 people, except Kismayu Way Station, which has been expanded in September 2016 and has the capacity to host 1500 people. The Way Stations were prepared to provide basic assistance, protection and provision of return assistance package to any voluntary returnee.
Additionally, Kismayu, Dhobley and Afmadow Way Stations are going to provide other services than above mentioned. It is SCOPE Cards Registration, topping up and distribution to the respective return beneficiaries. Therefore, it is required, to have specific staff, to run this SCOPE work and its related tasks that require fully assigned staff, which have adequate competency to manage the SCOPE work in Kismayu Way Station.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Program Assistant is overall responsible for the day today implementation of the Volrep works in Kismayo way station, i.e. Receptions, variations and distribution of return packages. The program assistant officer will also upload the verified data into the Progress lite system. The cards production, topping up with the specific amounts on monthly basis and the distribution to the respective return beneficiaries at the Way Station. The program assistant will work under supervision of the Way Station Coordinator; and closely with the Way Station support staff (including Registration Clerks, Receptionists and the security personnel). S/he will have to show full adherence to Mercy Corps procedures and security protocols.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receive the final verified return data from the Way Station Coordinator
- Accurately, register received return data on the UNHCR- ProGres lite Data Platform
- Tally the household’s numbers against the VRF form of the beneficiaries.
- Distribute the return packages i.e. Mobile phones, simcards, NFIs and other essential return packages.
- Give orientation about their entitlements/ return packages i.e education support on the SCOPE Cards, the duration and what goods they can buy from the designated vendors
- Archive the registration lists and reports in hard copies in appropriately labeled files
- Work with the Way Station Coordinator to track that task-based monitoring is performed, according to the activity schedule;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: NONE
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Way Station Coordinator/Deputy program Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH:
Other program staff, finance officer, logistics officer, human resources and administration officers.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant qualification in the field of the non-profit entities and ability to be multitasked and experience in working effectively with minimum supervision.
- At least one year of work experience with an NGO in a similar capacity, one operating in Kismayu is extremely desirable.
- Knowledge of the Somalia legal and tax system regarding NGO operation is desired.
- Experience in dealing with people, directly and make them understand the processes
<Define the specific behavior and attitudes critical to success in the position at time of hire and as it develops over time.>
. Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct eLearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for this position and submit their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) through https://www.mercycorps.org/careers/national only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline for Applications: Oct 17, 2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1529 total views, 12 today