VOLUNTEER DOCTOR, Paediatric (5 Positions) – Heliwa, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:24 Oct 2020
- Share job:
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT ( Doctor Volunteer )
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay Regions, we expending our services to Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for Volunteer Doctor, (paediatrics)
Position title : VOLUNTEER DOCTOR, Paediatric (5 Positions)
Reporting to : Doctor in charge (paediatrics)
Location : Heliwa
Supervisees : Non
Under the section in-charge doctor’s direct supervision and the senior doctors’ general guidance in the pediatrics department, the volunteer doctor will learn how to provide holistic health and nutrition care to children and their families.
The volunteer doctor will learn diagnostic procedures and management of children under the guidance of the senior doctors in the department. The volunteer doctor will learn to treat and care for children using Somalia Standard treatment guidelines and other applicable guidellines.
Priority Task and Responsibilities:
Learn how to:
- Take History, examination, investigation, resuscitation, management and care of new borns
- Do Triaging, assessment, admission and management of acutely ill children in the emergency ward
- Do History taking, assessment, investigation and management of children attending outpatient department
- Triaging, assessment, admission, care and management of under-fives with moderate to severe acute malnutrition
- Do Assessment, investigation, classification and management of mild, moderate and severe forms of dehydration, pneumonia, measles and other common childhood illnesses
- Do Management and reporting of common communicable diseases
- Provide Health education to clients and communities
- Perform Referral services for complicated cases
- Assist to Conduct ward rounds
- Assist to Review frequently severe cases admitted in the wards
- Assist night duty staff in providing patient care
- Consult with doctor in charge for all complicated cases
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Good counselling and communication skills
- Observing client confidentiality and privacy
- Good experience in IMCI & ETAT Able to provide Basic Life Support to women and newborns
Personal Qualities & Attributes:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- A good communicator with other midwives, doctors, support staff, individuals, families and Para patients.
- Very good organization skills
- Team player
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV, clear subject line and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to this email email@example.com
Closing date is 30th October, 2020
Competent Female candidate are Highly Preferable to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: The purpose of the position is to provide practical experience & learning opportunities to young Somali graduates. SOS Children’s Village will NOT provide any incentive during volunteer period.
This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with this position. It is updated annually in the course of performance appraisal. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks, responsibilities and involvement in processes.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1513 total views, 5 today