WASH IN EMEGENCY TRAINING (IN CLASS AND ONLINE) -Hargeisa
- Job category: Education
- Post date:1 Dec 2019
- Share job:
WASH IN EMEGENCY TRAINING (IN CLASS AND ONLINE)
OUR VISION STATEMENT
QRTC is established to offer the best research and training service and aspires to be a leading institution in manpower empowerment through continuous quality capacity development initiatives.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To deliver capacity building programs for the labor force with the aim of maximizing their chances of achieving their career aspirations.
ABOUT THE CENTER
The Qaran Research and Training Center is a professional institution created to support research and quality practical trainings that improve the employability of the workforce in Somaliland and other resource-limited settings across the greater of Horn of Africa. We achieve this through designing and implementing innovative and well-informed trainings; ranging from M and E, Project management, HR and logistics and Research processes. We aspire to reduce high unemployment in the region through high quality mentoring, rigorous interventions and strong collaborations.
Currently, we are offering professional short courses which are great eye-opened opportunity for wide range of audience including NGO staff, government officials and unemployed persons and fresh graduates willing to advance their sought-after skills or looking decent and deserved jobs. As part of this programme, our WASH IN EMEGENCY TRAINING ( IN CLASS)–which is first of its kind in Somaliland-were scheduled to kick off in the second week of Decemberin 2019.Around 300trainees have already benefited from our previous various trainings both in class and online classes (about of these 20% females). Please see below the complete training outlines.
Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) related diseases contribute to high mortality and morbidity rates in emergency and post-emergency situations. Even in the absence of an emergency, diarrhoea kills over 30,000 children per week worldwide. During protracted war and conflict in particular diarrheal diseases can often kill more people than the conflict itself.
According to UNICEF, every ninety seconds, a child dies due to water borne diseases. At the same time, one in every ten people cannot access safe water while three in every ten people in the world lack access to a toilet.
Many emergency relief workers are able to assess and prioritize WASH needs for a population in distress. However, identification and implementation of practical and sustainable interventions to address these needs remains a challenge, because few professionals have the capacity and experience to translate WASH needs of affected communities into appropriate solutions. This course is designed to develop the capacity of professionals working in emergency situations.
WHO WILL FACILITATE THE TRAINING?
The course facilitator has around 6 years of Experienced on WASH project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning in different settings such as emergency response, recovery and development programs at different International organizations among them Save the children and Islamic Relief Worldwide. He also has professional certifications from one of the leading WASH Institutions like ÉcolePolytechniqueFédérale de Lausanne which one of the leading WASH Institutions in the World. He also has in depth understanding and experience in the field of WASH and capacity building of local/international partners.
In addition to his hands-on experience on this field, he has BS in Health Sciences, Postgraduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management also currently pursuing his master’s Degree in Planning and Management. He also did Project Management Specialization by the Completion of three courses and one capstone project that comprise the Introduction to Project Management Principles & Practices Specialization and earned 35 PDUs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
This course is designed to develop the capacity of professionals working in emergency situations. This course is designed for participants from a variety of backgrounds working in humanitarian relief. It is recommended for humanitarian organizations/aid workers, government agencies. This training also is a great eye-opened opportunity for unemployed and fresh graduates who are willing to advance his/her soft skills so that they can easily settle for decent and deserved jobs.
THE TRAINING DURATION
This is a 6-day-long training with 2 hours of theory and practical sessions for each day with following details: Course registration deadline is on 7th of December 2019 and course training dates are between 7th and 12th of December 2019. The morning sessions commences at 10:00am and ends at 12:00 pm while the evening session starts at 6:000 PM and closes at 8:00 PM for these days
The training will enable participants to understand:
- The links between water, sanitation and health
- Effective hygiene promotion in a crisis context
- The complexity of delivering safe water and sanitation in an emergency
- Planning and coordinating WASH responses in emergencies
- The importance of safe excreta disposal, safe water and hand washing in breaking the cycle of fecal contamination
- Methods of water treatment
DETAILED TRAINING CONTENTS:
Module one: Overview of water, sanitation and hygiene
- Introduction to Minimum Standards in Water Supply, Sanitation & Hygiene Promotion (WASH)
- Introduction to humanitarian contexts
- Humanitarian Principles
- Planning and assessment
Module Two: Water Supply Systems in Emergencies
- Introduction to water supply systems
- Water source selection
- Water quantity and quality requirements
- Introduction to water quality criteria
- How does drinking water become unsafe
- Water quantity
- Water treatment
- Water Distribution, Transport & User safety
Module Three: Sanitation in Emergencies
- Introduction to Sanitation in Emergencies
- Goals of Sanitation in Emergencies
- Excreta Management in Humanitarian Crisis
- Importance of Sanitation
- What does poor Sanitation Cause?
- How are Diseases Spread?
Module Four: Hygiene Promotion in Emergencies
- Introduction to Hygiene Promotion
- Hygiene and Health
- Focus of Hygiene Promotion in Emergencies
- Key Principles of Hygiene Promotion
- Hygiene Promotion Staff
- Hygiene Promotion Actions
- Hygiene Promotion Intervention Levels
- Key Indicators for Hygiene Practice
- Key Indicators for Programme Implementation
COURSES APPLICATION PROCESS (ENTRY REQUIREMENTS)
- Registration: training application form is available at our or office or can be easily requested by email(email@example.com)
- The offline class will be held in our Hargeisa Training Hall( North of Al-Hayat Diagnostic center, Near Idam School)
- Pay the course fee which is only 25dollars covering the facilitator fee, course completion certificate and training materials(presentations )
- Payment modes: deposit at Zaad/Edahab 4113969 or Dahabshil account HRG 32342 before course deadline.
- A group of three persons who will be attending a same course at time will have a discount of 17%.
- Course registration deadline is on 7thof December 2019 and course training dates are between 7th and 12st of December 2019.
- The morning sessions commences at 10:00pm and ends at 12:00 while the evening session starts at 6:000pm and closes at 8:00 pm for these days
- In case you need further details about course or any else, kindly feel free to reach us at +252634113969.
- For the online trainees, they just need to pay 25 dollars and get course completion certificate and training materials-presentations and rich reading materials.
- International and organization-sponsored trainees who require payment receipts and other documents will pay 50 dollars for both online and offline classes.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1082 total views, 1 today