WASH MOBILIZER– BARDHERE
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:26 Jul 2020
- Share job:
ACTED JOB OPPORTUNITY
WASH MOBILIZER– BARDHERE
Department: Project Implementation Unit
Position: WASH Mobilizer
Direct Hierarchy: WASHProject Assistant
Starting Date: August2020
- Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill WASH Mobilizer position in Bardhere.
- Position Profile
The WASHMobilizer is primarily responsible for community mobilization and support to community governance activities, under direct supervision of the WASH_PA.This includes but it is not limited to conduct information campaigns, implement complaints and feedback mechanism in the site, ensure that vulnerable groups and people with specific needs are represented and participate in WASH activities and build capacity of the Camp Committee Members in community governance and community mobilization, to ensure that they can effectively participate to the camp life, passing information to the camp population, advocate for the needs of the their own community and influence humanitarian assistance delivery.
- Duties and Responsibilities
Community liaison, mobilisation, and accountability
- Leading in carrying out site level camp committee mapping for all sites
- Leading in the creation or strengthening of camp management committees so that the appointment of committee members is done in a transparent and inclusive way and that ToR are created in a participatory manner and agreed upon all stakeholders
- Strengthening daily the coordination and relationship-building with community leadership groups and community members on a formal and informal basis
- Conducting regular meetings with committee members and ensuring community participation in coordination meetings through community mobilisation activities
- Managing of the CRM information desk activities in the site, including collection and review of complaints forms, referral to responsible agencies with support of Information Management Assistant, timely reporting of sensitive complaints to line manager and regular submission of all data collection forms to Information Management Assistant for data entry and analysis
- Assist in creating ACTED SOP for Complaints Response Mechanism and ensuring to comply to document during daily activities
- Ensuring that the CRM mechanism integrates different ways of collecting complaints and feedbacks, not only through desk, but also through formal and informal meetings with the community leaders, outreach activities etcetc
- Develop content for and Conduct communication with communities (CwC)/outreach activities, including information sessions, mass information campaign, Focus Groups Discussion, household level outreach etc., in cooperation with partners, WASH team and community members
- Update public information boards with site management and partner information. Ensure that the information on the boards are accessible to everybody, include not literate population
- Organise outreach activities for information gathering and sharing beyond information desk in coordination with Senior Site Officer, particularly for the benefit of residents with less mobility
- Support training camp committees, partner agencies and site team on WAS and related topics, as requested by the line manager with a strong focus on enhancing capacity of camp committees through coaching
Partner coordination and Service Delivery Monitoring
- Liaising with all humanitarian partners and local authorities working in the sites for delivery monitoring and coordination of service delivery purposes and for developing of CwC/outreach activities content
- Promoting Partner`s attendance in community coordination meetings to promote accountability of all relevant stakeholders to affected population
- Monitoring of service provision by partners at site level in close cooperation with the communities, partners and stakeholders
- Timely reporting any gaps and/or duplication in service delivery and communities needs emerged during daily activities
- Timely reporting any risk of evictions identified daily activities to the line manager
- Cooperating actively with Information Management Assistant for keeping record of community governance structures and related information and for the set up and maintenance of Complaints and Response Mechanism
- Supporting improvement of information management systems in the site in collaboration with the database assistant including: identification of information gaps, design/review of tools, databases and reports, data collection oversight
- Cooperating in data collection for service delivery or other purposes as needed
- Cooperating with the Information Management Assistant for storing soft and hard copies of project documentations (such as photos, meeting minutes, reports etcetc) in compliance with ACTED and Donor`s procedures
- Considering gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours)
- Supporting and promoting participation of women, youth, people with specific needs and marginalised groups in camp governance mechanisms and WASH Activities
- Referring to and following up with protection partners on identification and addressing of cases of vulnerability within the camp
- Coordinating assistance to vulnerable individuals at camp events with protection partners and other humanitarian agencies (like distribution, registration, etc)
Project management and reporting
Planning, Implementing and Reporting
- Supporting the line manager in devising weekly and long-term work plans for the project implementation, particularly or information management activities
- Attending regular staff coordination meetings
- Excellent liaison with other Site Team Members, ensuring consistency and coordination of activities in the site
- Timely reporting on problems and challenges in the site to the line Manager
- Timely reporting on security and safety incidents, including fire, evictions, floods and any possible security hazards in the site to Site Manager
- Timely submission of weekly report or other reports as requested by the line manager
- Commitment to continuous learning through trainings and timely identification of capacity-building needs and opportunities, in coordination with line Manager/TC/HR Dept.
- Supervise recruitment of Community Mobilizer Casual Labours
Transparency and Compliance
- Ensuring compliance to ACTED internal procedures and donor procedures
- Accurate record keeping of project documentation, including photos and proper filing of meeting minutes, databases, attendance sheets, assessment reports/documents, review and updating of databases etc., in soft and hard copy
- Provide translation of various documents (e.g. reports, minutes, beneficiary lists, information signs) upon request of the Site Manager
Perform any additional task as requested by the line Manager
- Qualifications/Skills Required
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Completion of university degree in humanities, social studies, or another relevant degree
- Minimum one years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Somalian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
- Application Procedure
Qualified Somali National with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document (i.e. the cover letter should be on the first page and the CV should start on the second page of the same document) to email@example.com and received on or before 03rd August2020 with the subject line “WASH MOBILIZER– BARDHERE”. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
- Onlyshortlisted candidates willbecontacted.
- This position entails direct interaction with the local communities hence we are targeting candidates from the locality”
ACTED will at no stage of recruitmentprocessrequest candidate to makepayments of anykind. Further, ACTED has not retainedany agent in connectionwithrecruitments.
ACTED is committed to protectingbeneficiarieswithinour programmes from exploitation and abuse and anykind of misconduct. ACTED has specificpolicies, including PSEA and Child Protection, whichoutlines the expectedbehavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and otherstakeholders and has zerotolerancetowardsmisconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED willbeexpected to signACTED’sorganizationalPolicies and Code of Conduct as an annex to theircontract of employment and agree to conductthemselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.ACTED is an EqualOpportunity Employer.
ACTED reserves the right to hirebefore the start date.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1188 total views, 1 today