WASH Officer (3 position) – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:28 May 2020
- Share job:
POLISH HUMANITARIAN ACTION IS LOOKING FOR 3 WASH OFFICERS
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH).
- Position: WASH Officer (3 position).
- Location: Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Starting date: 15th June, 2020.
- Reports to: Project Coordinator
- Contract duration: 1 year with 3 months probation period.
- Application Deadline: 8th June, 2020.
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization which mission it is to make the world a better place. For over 20 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running long-term missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character
– have been carried out in 44 countries so far. Our focus is on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Nutrition. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH Mission in Somalia:
PAH has been present in Somalia since 2011. With WASH and Nutrition programs PAH supported people from the most vulnerable communities in different regions in Somalia. Our primary focus was to provide safe drinking water through rehabilitation water infrastructure, constructing water distribution systems, and constructing rain water reservoirs. In our work we also focus on other WASH components such as improvement of sanitary conditions, hygiene promotion to make our WASH interventions fully comprehensive. We are implementing ECHO, ARCHENOVA, SHF and UNICEF projects targeting the most vulnerable IDP communities in Mogadishu and around as well as in rural communities and key community institutions in Banadir, Lower shabelle, Middle Shabelle and Galmudug Region.
PAH in Somalia is looking for a WASH Officer who will become part of our operation team. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- remains the first link between PAH and beneficiaries in communication about PAH activities, beneficiaries’ feedback and mobilization of communities.
- consults beneficiaries on activities’ design and implementation and collect lessons’ learnt.
- Conduct regular supervision of project activities and shares feedback to line managers.
- Carry out to affected community need assessment in target areas and uses the feedback/lesson learnt in order to design appropriate hygiene and sanitation awareness promotion strategies and materials
- Conduct capacity assessments in Administration, Operation and Maintenance (AOM) of Water Hygiene & Sanitation (WASH) services in the target areas with the support and supervision of the Field Project Coordinator.
- participates in the selection process of project beneficiaries (CHPs, O&M, Casual workers and etc) with help of key community lead members.
- Organizes, mobilizes, supervises and facilitates trainings targeted to project beneficiaries in order to enhance the capacity of project targeted beneficiaries.
- Support the hygiene promotion teams in conducting participatory community hygiene and sanitation awareness promotion using Community based approaches.
- Timely prepares activity work plans and budgets, shares with his/her line manager and observes deadlines in Reporting.
- Ensures networking and coordinating activities with project stakeholders and other implementing partners.
- Ensures the operational efficiency and effectiveness of all project financial accounting and procurement procedures contributing to strengthening of PAH accountability.
- Strictly Adheres to clear internal chain of communication process.
- Participates Distribution of Hygiene kits, Sanitation tools, submits distribution reports and uploads the beneficiary list in the GD.
- Prepares PAH beneficiary contracts (community hygiene promoters, water point care takers, casual workers’ contracts in liaise with HR and the project coordinator and ensure their proper documentation.
- Update daily water meter readings in the online google drive and monitor water consumption, construction works, CHPs activities, school hygiene club activities and water trucking and finally Prepare, print and store the necessary documents.
- Prepare and sign monthly attendance sheet from CHPs, water point care takers and share with finance to process their monthly incentives on time.
- Implement activity according to plans and guidance of line manager.
- Organizes and facilitates community awareness sessions.
- Designs and implements an appropriate monitoring and supervision activity checklist in line with project requirements.
- Performs any other duty assigned by your immediate supervisor or Head of Mission.
- Degree in WASH and health related fields
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in WASH
- Knowledge about WASH-related activities especially hygiene promotion and AWD prevention
- Readiness to travel including remote areas
- advanced interpersonal skills
- advanced communication skills
- problem-solving skills
- very good in MS Office
- Fluent Somali and at least good knowledge of English
- ability to work under time constrains in stressful environment.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly click the link below:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews and tests. Interviews for shortlisted candidates are planned in Mogadishu. Candidates interested in the position must be ready to attend the interviews and test in Mogadishu.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
6265 total views, 1 today