Wash Officer – Baardhere, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:28 Jul 2020
- Job expires in: 4 days
- Share job:
JOB DESCRIPTION –Wash Officer
|Reports To:||Branch Coordinator|
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent societies.
Overall Job purpose:
The SRCS WASH Focal Point is responsible for monitoring all outbreaks of disease in Gedoregion.This includes identification of outbreaks, reporting to appropriate bodies (eg WHO surveillance personnel), ensuring all SRCS Clinic health staff are following pertinent protocols and have required stock levels available. Ensuring preventative Hygiene Promotion activities are standardized, and implemented across all regions is also a large component of the role.
Roles and Responsibilities of this Position
- Analyze the health system and in general, analyses the humanitarian environment linked to the medical/WASH programs.
- Promote and ensure implementation of community based hygiene promotion activities and strengthening community involvement in all aspects Health/hygiene promotion, through close liaison with the branch coordinator.
- Ensure that emergency preparedness procedures are in place for outbreaks and situations such as cholera, malaria, war injuries and etc., through implementing training and protocols to all relevant personnel in Gedoregion.
- Ensure that the implementation of the SRCS Sanitation/hygiene programs conform to internationally accepted standards and country guidelines.
- Assist in preparing Hygiene and Sanitation promotion plans for all SRCSGedo Branches
- Setting up WASH emergency contingency plans in coordination with the Branches and coordinating their implementation with Branches and the ICRC counterpart.
- Develop Hygiene Promotion Guidelines to be implemented by the health promoters at branch and clinic level. Ensure the implementation of the guidelines in the branch.
- Ensures Branch level staffs are trained in good sanitation and hygiene practices.
- Ensure SRCS Hygiene/Health Promoters, in all regions pass effective Sanitation and Hygiene practices to the communities.
- Represent SRCS in relevant technical meetings including, health/WASH cluster meetings (as an observer) regarding Sanitation/Hygiene programs (outbreaks)
- Keep the Mogadishu National Health Office and the ICRC program counterparts informed of all Health and Sanitation activities and any challenges that may arise.
Reports and statistics
- Reports incidences of outbreaks without delay ensuring prompt response from partners
- Provides regular supervision visit reports
- Provide monthly reports, evaluating the hygiene, sanitation program, highlighting response to any outbreaks and impact on Health Promotion programs in the communities
- Provides ad hoc reports, messages regarding relevant health issues
- Ensures that a good atmosphere is maintained with other SRCS departments through adequate communication
- For a temporary period, the employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary
Skills and Competencies
- Is aware of the SRCS objectives and activities
- Understands the Movement mandate and is able to communicate it to interlocutors or beneficiaries
- Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes the staff regulations of the SRCS
- Experience and skill in environmental impact assessment
- Bachelor degree of public health or related fields
- Water and Sanitation Background or equivalent
- Experience of 3 years minimum in the field of WASH
- Excellent program implementation skills
- Capable of training staff and motivating community support
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English & Somali
Age: 30 – 55
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CV, cover letter, and copy of their certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: August 13, 2020and Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1657 total views, 1 today