Wash Officer – Lower Juba-Badhadhe, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:29 Aug 2021
- Share job:
Upgraded and Dignified living standard for all
|Contract duration||8 Month|
|Starting date||September 2021|
|Direct Line Manager||Programme Coordinator|
As one of the large grass root organizations in Somalia, Solutions for Humanity (SFH) help vulnerable communities in distress and turn their crisis to opportunities and self-reliance. We help communities recover from disaster, build resilient communities, strengthen their capacity to with stand sudden shocks and find their own solutions.
SFH works in emergency response program Including children and youth, conflict management, Health, WASH, Nutrition, Shelter/NFI among others. We help internally displaced women and girls access safe spaces and dignified case managements.
SFH seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced WASH officer to support the implementation of our WASH project in Lower Juba. We seek a candidate of high integrity and professionalism who commit to our values. The incumbent will work in collaboration with Technical infrastructure supervisor, HP Team leaders, WASH assistant, other program staffs and the local stakeholders.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity including disability and gender balance.
Under the direct supervision of the programs coordinator and the overall supervision of the Executive Director, the Incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Liaise and work in close relationship with the Program coordinator
- Contribute to the SFH identity, values and principles by reflecting, discussing and contributing to the advocacy mandate.
- To ensure SFH/OCHA-SHF/WASH Cluster guidelines are followed in the project implementations
- To contribute to efforts in improving adequate, safe and Sustainable water in Lower Juba.
- Ensure in collaboration with the Infrastructure technical supervisor and hygiene promotion team leaders promote appropriate hygiene practices and behaviour changes.
- Data Collection and Reporting
- With support of Hygiene promotion team leaders, ensure all hygiene promoters have adequate and satisfactory materials to execute their role.
- Participates in the reports according to guidelines (Weekly, interim & Financial reports, etc.)
- Participates in the PDM and rapid assessment reports in the project area.
- Reports directly to the line manager of any problems that might be linked to the implementation of the program including security threats or breakdown.
- Liaise with all stake holders in conducting periodic assessment and baseline studies
- Analyze context analysis of field realities and operational environment with the view to advocate for maximum stakeholder participation
- Solicit innovative ideas of implementing sustainable and appropriate safe water and sanitation solutions.
- Discuss with the community and local authorities and make recommendations on innovative ways that beneficiary communities should adopt for improved management and sustainability of community water and sanitation facilities.
- Act as data entry focal point for the duty station assigned
- Project implementation
- Coordinate and supervise masonry and concrete construction works at all water and sanitation facilities (Earth dams, Sand dams, institutional latrines, Household latrines, shallow wells, Water pans, boreholes etc.)
- Ensure all the software component (hygiene promotion activities, water transportation & storage facilities distribution etc.) are implemented as per the signed project agreement and the sphere standards.
- Promote proper utilization and management of the latrines
- Take part the International event such global hand washing days
- Prepare project documentation including bills of quantities, detailed implementation work plans for planned activities, procurement plans and requisitions for required materials to be procured for attention of the immediate supervisor
- Coordinate community mobilization and sensitization sessions
- Assist in formation and training of water and sanitation committees for specific water / sanitation facilities to be developed
- Project Monitoring
- Follow up, inspect and ensure project materials are delivered measure to specified deliveries at field level in timely way.
- Activities which are implemented by contractors are monitored for quality assurance
- Ensure revisiting the hygiene promotion campaign in the project areas
- Preparation of end of month narrative progress reports for activities undertaken,
- Preparation of monthly work plans & project milestones
- Actively participate in by involving stake holders and partners in evaluation of projects
- Document Impact, Sustainability and best practices for WASH projects in the area for learning, sharing and future replication.
- To assist in organizing meetings and reports appropriately
- Participates in WASH Cluster meetings according to schedule.
- Follow up on any action points that were pending from the above meeting.
- Coordination and Representation
- Ensure integrative programming approach with other sectors and staff.
- When requested represent SHF in external meetings
- Qualifications & preferred competencies
- Education: Degree /Higher Diploma in any of the following – Public Health Engineering, Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, Hydro Geology/ground water engineering.
- Training qualifications required: Skills in Community Total Lead Sanitation (CLTS) and/ or Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Methodology (PHAST) tools.
- Experience: 2 years of experience in Project implementation preferably water and sanitation or/ health.
- Fluency in Somali language and English is a must
- Advanced knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and accurately
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various MS office applications
- Submission Guidelines:
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit a 1-page cover letter and updated CV with 3 referees to : email@example.com with the subject heading indicating “ WASH OFFICER” by COB 14th September 2021.
This position is urgently required and the application will be assessed on a continuous bases and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The position is open for both Local and Non-locals. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
SFH doesn’t discriminate based on race, ethnicity, political affiliation, gender, disability or any other vulnerability status.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1852 total views, 2 today