WASH Project Manager (King Salman) – Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:2 Jan 2022
- Share job:
WASH Project Manager (King Salman) Somalia Puntland (national position)
01/15/2022, 04:00 PM
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Line management of project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and WASH strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant WASH projects
- Coordinate and manage WASH project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) specifically for King Salman relief projects in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the CC Specialist
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Develop and manage project budget and coordinate across CCs
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Implement the WASH Programme in the following interventions according to WASH guidelines and SOPs:
- Informal Tented Settlements
- Community Support Projects
- Public schools
- Emergency responses (outbreaks, water scarcity, sudden influx, floods/winter storms)
- Implement King Salman relief projects across Puntland and Somaliland areas
- Should have in depth knowledge of deep bore holes drilling, hydrological surveys including electronic resistivity method
- Quality assurance and quality control of deep bore holes water schemes, checking soil strata, water availability, discharge/yields etc.
- Should have supervision skills of consultants and contractors executing boreholes schemes.
- Contract management, negotiations, arbitrations with contractors/consultants and local authorities
- Should be responsible for the successful completion of the King Salman relief projects as per agreed standards and contract clauses
- Provide innovative WASH solutions to programmatic challenges
- Outcome and output monitoring as indicated in the Monitoring and Evaluation matrix
- Ensure consistent data management across the program.
- Monitor and address referrals of IDPs complaints to provide timely feedback in accordance with the NRC complaints feedback response mechanisms and procedures
- Provide feedback and updates on WASH procedures and guidelines to concerned management as requested.
- Offer technical advice to WASH programming within and outside of assigned field area
- Monitor new IDPs settlements on a regular basis and coordinate with other NGOs and UN agencies as well as local and national authorities to ensure needs are addressed.
- Prepare monthly reports of all NRC WASH activities in area, and as required by donors;
- Manage and monitor program finance and budgets, ensuring that all project activities are in accordance with budget lines;
- Bachelor degree in Civil, Hydraulic, Environmental Engineering or Public Health
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a Project Coordinator or Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience with the contract management of engineering consultants and implementing contractors related to infrastructure projects specifically deep bore holes schemes
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of the context of Somalia
- Strong track record of capacity building staff
- Knowledge of Somali language, written and verbal, is a requirement
What We Offer:
Contract period: 1year, with possibility of extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Garowe
Travel: frequent travel to project areas
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Incomplete, email and paper applications will not be considered.
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2732 total views, 2 today