Young Designer – Somali Regional state of Ethiopia
- Job category: Youth Affairs
- Post date:1 Apr 2021
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Population Services International (PSI)
Reports to: Youth Engagement Advisor, RISE
Based in: Somali region
Required Number: Pool (Indefinite Quantity Contract)
Duration of contract: Definite to be engaged when the need arises ie. on call basis
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for Young Designers who are out of school and passionate to work with Adolescents. The purpose of this announcement is to establish pool of potential young designers who will be engaged for the program design as the need arises.
You will work under the supervision of Youth Engagement Advisor, RISE of PSI/Ethiopia. More specifically, you will:
- Attend trainings on how to interact with urban and rural in-school 15-19 years’ old girls and boys and generate insight when called for a specific program.
- Collect data on program implementation and improvement areas. Participate in insight generation exercise together with A360 (Smart Start) and ASRH In-school project teams.
- Attend various awareness creation and advocacy events whenever invited by the team to be the voice of the 15-19-year-old in school adolescents.
- Interact with youth champion groups to get insight on in-school adolescents
- Iteration and prototype improvement based on interaction within school adolescents
- Attend relevant trainings and contribute to as deemed necessary by the project
- 18-24 years old.
- At least High School Complete (Grade 10 or 12 complete),
- 2 years of experience in youth club or extracurricular activities,
- Conversant with the local language and cultural context of the respective region where the application is made.
What would get us excited?
- Able to understand and speak English.
- Minimum facilitation skills with peers is preferable.
- Actively participating in community youth activities/youth clubs able to show participation certificate or letter of support (Preferred)
- Willingness to travel in the field (rural, urban and or semi-urban sites)
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “Application for Young Designer Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline April 14, 2021. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
700 total views, 3 today