Youth and Volunteers Manager – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:10 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 2 days
- Share job:
Job Title: Youth and Volunteers Manager.
Grade : Band 6
Organizational unit: Youth and Volunteers Department.
Reporting to: SRCS Somaliland Executive Director
Duty Station: Hargeisa – Somaliland.
Posting Date: 10th January 2021.
Posting Expiry Date: 21th January 2021.
Contract Type : fixed Term (January-December 2021) .
Overall Job Purpose
Provide technical leadership in the planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a comprehensive youth and volunteer programme aimed at recruitment, training and to build capacity in leadership, team-work, community service, healthcare, first-aid and life-saving skills designed to effectively support implementation of SRCS activities with a strong focus on emergency and disaster response.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership in the planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of youth and volunteer programme designed to effectively support programme implementation
- Reviewing organizational core programmes to identify areas that require volunteer deployment to improve the delivery of humanitarian assistance
- Liaise with Branches in the recruitment of youth and volunteers, establish Red Crescent Clubs in schools, colleges and universities and also develop and maintain an up-to-date volunteer database
- Coordinate the provision of the necessary tools, equipment and facilities needed by volunteers to enable them participate effectively in the implementation of programme activities
- Develop and conduct orientation and capacity building workshops, including mentoring and coaching programmes for both youth and volunteers to acquire essentials skills for service delivery
- Coordinate preparation of funding proposals and appeals for material assistance in line with strategic objectives by ensuring adherence to donor requirements
- Make regular field visits to monitor and review the state of youth and volunteer involvement with a view to improving their participation in the implementation of programme activities
- Prepare regular timely and accurate reports on the status and achievements of programme activities in line with donor grant requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Professional Training
|Education||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional practice in Community Development Public Administration, Business Administration|
|Professional Training||Project Management; Monitoring and Evaluation|
Job Competencies & Experience
|ü Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
ü Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
ü Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
ü Effective communications and interpersonal skills
ü Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities
ü Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage intergroup dynamics and mediate conflicting interests
ü Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings for the preparation of quality programme reports
ü Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking officials
ü Remain calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
ü Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point.
SRCS Somaliland offers a contract of one year, renewable depending on both funding and performance.
Salary and Benefits are according to SRCS terms of employment for national staff.
You must be available to start work as soon as possible and willing to work in All Somaliland Regions.
- Interested candidates should email their updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on 21rd January 2021.
- Candidate should mention current salary or last salary in the CV.
- Applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered, Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Please note SRCS has Zero-Tolerance for Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA)
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2594 total views, 9 today