Youth Coach – Borama, Somaliland
- Job category: Youth Affairs
- Post date:18 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 10 hours
- Share job:
Post Title: Youth Coach
Duty station: Borama, Somaliland
Duration: Fixed Contract
Closing Date: 1st December 2021
SOS Children’s Villages is a global federation of 136 national SOS Children’s Villages associations, working in more than 2000 programme locations worldwide. We work together with a single vision: every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security.
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to the welfare of children who lost parental care or at risk of losing parental care – often ensuring that children grow up in a loving family environment, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against child abandonment and social neglect, and upholds child protection policy as part of their commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse.
SOS Children’s Villages in Somalilandseeks to fill the position of Youth Coach who will be based in Borama, Somaliland): Applications are herewith invited from interested candidates who meet the criteria set below:
SOS Children’s Villages in Somaliland is seeking to recruit 1 Youth coach who will work in Family strengthening project in Berbera. The youth coaches are expected to contribute to the guidance and counselling, social development, and to coach the youth on entrepreneur and job reaching. She/he is supposed to implement social development issue.
Key Duties Include:
- Under the management of FS Project Coordinator, design, plan and implement project activities that are related to youth empowerment.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly action plans and reports, plan assessments, monitoring, review and evaluation activities.
- Organize and facilitate training workshops and compiling reports.
- Keeps updated database on collected information from the youth trainings taking place in the Business Hubs, as well as updating employment opportunities existing in the job market by carrying out surveys on market and potential employers.
- Coach project target youth to define their further soft skill training needs, employment prospects business idea development opportunities and work with the youth as individuals, and sometimes as groups, to assist them in making future career decisions.
- Work out for Youth graduate internship attachment to the companies after graduation and in the final years of the training.
- Coordinate with project stakeholders and actors including the Ministry of Youth and Sports and local partners, NGOs, UN Agencies and other stakeholders.
- Supports to identify relevant courses/trainings and encourages participation.
- Prepares the young persons for autonomously finding a job and supports in establishing contacts with local companies
- Assists the young people to establish and maintain a secure financial situation.
- Break down the annual work plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly plans
- Monitor, evaluate and ensure that the project activities are consistent with plans and budget lines and SOS’s policy and standards.
- Conduct individual and group coaching sessions for youth during trainings and internships.
- Ensure timely procurement, development and distribution of training modules and training materials.
- Coordinate assessments, progress tracking, sensitization / mobilization and follow-up salient issues.
- Arrange inspiring talk sessions for youth
- Prepare periodic project and progress reports as appropriate (Monthly report)
- Ensure reporting of all concerns regarding actual or potential child abuse, mistreatment or any other violation of the Child Protection Policy according to our reporting and responding system.
- Promotes SOS CV child protection policy through raising awareness to all our beneficiaries and partners.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities are set out in the detailed position job description
Qualities and Key competences:
- Knowledge on management of community-based projects of Good spoken and written English
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
- Leadership qualities and skills
- A keen listener, team builder and a great motivator with a capacity to live and work in a culturally diverse atmosphere.
- Have good understanding the context.
- Counselling and communication skills.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject area, such as guidance and counselling, social sciences, and social work.
- Minimum of 3-4 years relevant work experience in youth programmes, guidance and counselling, entrepreneurship skills programme and social business management.
- Experience in implementing youth programme at a managerial level
- Excellent command of the main working local language as well as the general country language including both written and verbal.
- Awareness and understanding of social development issue, such as the local and national OVC situation, gender, education, health, HIV/AIDS including the MDGs and SDGs
- Excellent counselling skills
- Good leadership skills
- Good reporting skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their updated applications with a CV and scanned copies of academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 1st December, 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, it is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages in Somaliland understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Note: Indicate the position and location of job title on the subject of email.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1374 total views, 1 today