Youth-led Innovation Challenge-Call for Social Impact Initiatives – Somaliland
- Job category: Tender/Bid/RFQ/RFP
- Post date:7 Sep 2020
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
Youth-led Innovation Challenge-Call for Social Impact Initiatives
Locally-led innovative action has the potential to address numerous socio-economic challenges including those related to Covid-19, unemployment, high energy costs, limited agricultural development, and technological constraints.
Are you motivated to address these challenges in creative ways that can help your community, customers, suppliers and business model?
If yes, then please apply to the Youth-led Innovation Challenge for Social Impact and win a price worth €10,000.
The Work in Progress! team believes that locally led innovations should be harnessed and supported to solve the challenges affecting communities including COVID-19 challenges, un-employment, high energy costs, limited agricultural development and technology related challenges. If you are an aspiring individual with innovative ideas or a startup/ SME bringing game-changing solutions to most vital social challenges focusing on in the areas mentioned above, then this youth led innovation challenge may be an opportunity for you to win a price worth €10,000 to scale up or to actualize your ideas. Oxfam will provide two awards/grants(€10,000 per idea) in Each country ie six ideas will be fully funded from Egypt, Nigeria and Somaliland.
Additionally, the winners of the Challenge will be eligible for technical support from our partners including the possibility of mentorship and networking with Innovation Challenge participants in the other project countries. The award is meant to assist each winner develop, implement and put in full operation an innovative solution to help alleviate their community or business from social challenges.
This Innovation Challenge is attracting promising concepts from young people, startups and Social Impact enterprises founded or registered in Somaliland. Candidates will apply online by completing an application form, elaborating plans for the innovation project and presenting a budget. A panel of judges will review and score all applications and invite the best applicants to pitch their ideas and proposals. The panel will then select two winners for the award.
- The principal applicant should be under 35 years of age .Both men and women are open to apply but preference will be given to female-led innovators.
- In case of a startup or SME, the applicant must be a registered company in Somaliland.
- The applicant confirms that the individual or company is not in any way involved in activities such as arms, tobacco, alcohol and gambling industries, registered in so-called tax-havens, or involved in environmental or human rights abuses or corruption.
- The proposed innovation project can be implemented in the period of Oct 2020 – Jan 2021.
- Only applications around Renewable energy,agriculture,COVID-19 response, youth employment initiatives and technology led solutions will be preferred.
- Creative and innovative solution (25%): The project idea clearly demonstrates a new or innovative approach to tackling social issues affecting communities we live in. The project identifies a specific challenge and applies a creative, social or technical solution that is not widely being applied elsewhere. The idea does not have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea can be worth as much as a brand new idea). The impact focus on youth and women is important.
- Viability of proposal (25%): The proposed project is described clearly and is relevant to addressing the problem or need identified. It is viable and feasible to implement the project in a short time frame. The budget is realistic considering the proposed activities and timeframe. The applicant’s own contribution (financial or material) will be considered a plus.
- Strength of team / entrepreneur (25%): The team has the qualifications and experience to implement the business project successfully. Motivation and ideas are clearly communicated. The team has unquestionable integrity. Having women on the team is considered a plus.
- Potential for sustainability (25%): The ability to recreate the innovation/approach is crucial to helping other affected regions or communities. The innovative proposal should, therefore, be potentially replicable or scalable either through effective demonstration or documentation. In the case of applications by business enterprises, the innovation should show a clear business model with a realistic growth strategy.
- Purchasing and rent/leasing of land or buildings/facilities;
- Bank charges, cost of guarantees and similar charges;
- Overhead costs such as office supplies, support staff, management;
- Value and registration costs of intellectual property rights.
We are accepting applications from both individual candidates with a mature idea addressing the above-mentioned challenges, as well as from eligible startups and SMEs. Please fill in the application form from this link. http://vc4afri.ca/fg3
Deadline for receiving applications is 21st September 2020
If you face technical challenges in the application process, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2575 total views, 86 today