Youth Value Chain Integration Specialist – Mogadishu
- Job category: Youth Affairs
- Post date:12 Jan 2020
- Share job:
|Title:Youth Value Chain Integration Specialist – 1 Position.||Location:Mogadishu, (with regional travel within Somalia)||Duration:10months (Renewable)|
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 6-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in South Central Somalia, Puntland and Somaliland. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector (livestock, fisheries & horticulture) but is anticipated to expand in the future into other sectors of the economy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services.GEEL has been awarded Somali Youth Integrated Livelihoods.The goal is to sustainably improve the livelihoods of Somali youth by increasing their participation in the economy, as entrepreneurs, employers and employees resulting in increased self-reliance.Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
Youth Value Chain Specialist is responsible for the implementation of GEEL`s integrated youth livelihood activities. S/he is responsible for overall project performance, ensuring all project deliverables are exceptionally exceeded within budget and compliance for small to mid-size projects in accordance with GEEL work plan. He/she will engage with private sector enterprises, engage youth and women groups and government representatives with the overall goal of increasing youth engagement and skills and job creation in the sector employment.
Youth Value Chain Integration SpecialistGeneral Responsibilities:
The Youth Value Chain Integration Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- In coordination with TO #2 team, establish and manage activities with business service providers, such as MFIs, BDS, incubators, and businesses (employers).
- Develop activities and events to promote job matching/placements within TO #2 value chains.
- Develop private sector-led solutions that promote youth access to services and employment.
- Coordinate with the Engagement and Outreach Specialist to link partners to civic engagement activities
- Assist the Youth Technical Team Leader to identify and evaluate key business proposals requesting mentoring and technical support
- Participate In work planning and ensure that program meets and exceeds expected standards.
- Assist the Youth Technical Team Leader in identifying and mapping key sector actors for Youth engagement and enhancement to trainings in the geographic areas of interest, especially south Somalia.
- Assist in the organization and facilitation of youth competitiveness platforms that will bring all actors together to discuss challenges and opportunities. The competitiveness platform will engage at least 30% women;
- Support the Youth Technical Team Leader on delivery of a Training of Trainers (TOT) course for selected Youth who will train others.
- Analyze constraints and opportunities to improve Youth engagement and determine the main drivers leading to changes in Youth sector;
The Youth Value Chain Integration Specialist will report to Youth Livelihoods Team Leader.
- Bachelor`s Degree in economics, social science, international development, Business Administration or Similar discipline, Master`s Degree, but not must.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant progressive work experience, out of which 3 years in similar positions in complex and fragile contexts.
- Prior experience in Youth, livelihoods, or humanitarian assistance programming in Somalia and the Horn of Africa, including aspects in improving Youth, marketing, investment, financing, training, processing/operations and/or management.
- Experience in project management in delivering targets and results in conflict, challenging and difficult situations.
- Prior experience in developing partnership with both private and public actors as part of program implementation in achieving projects desired goals.
- Experience in leading and motivating multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated understanding of trends/approaches/innovation in the youth economic empowerment space.
- Ability to work within a team of professional staff from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written English and Somali Languageskills;
- Honest andtrustworthy;
- Ability to work independently and as part ofteam;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word &Excel);
- Well-organized and able to perform effectively within tightdeadlines;
- Hard-working, self-motivated and possessing a positiveattitude;
- Ability to travel throughoutSomalia;
- Abilitytointeractwithvariouslocalorganizationsandgovernmentstakeholdersonbehalfofthe project.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line: Application for Youth Value Chain Integration Specialist.
Deadline:by17, January 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1050 total views, 18 today